- Give your child the toy when the teddies are pushed down in their boxes. Let your infant explore the toy and see if he or she can discover what happens.
- If necessary, give your little one some guidance and show how to move the shapes to make the teddies pop up.
- Show your infant how to push them down again.
- Introduce and use the correct vocabulary such as "twist the yellow star", "press the blue button". Demonstrate your actions to go with your words but do not be concerned if your toddler doesn't understand just yet. Repetition and reinforcement over time will help increase their skills.
- Emphasize color recognition by talking about the colors of the shapes, and boxes.
- Help with your child's shape recognition by pointing out the corresponding shapes match the mirrors on the boxes.
- Challenge your toddler to pop the teddies up in the order of your choosing. For instance "can you pop the teddy in the green box up?"
- Use lots of praise and encouraging language.