- Size 24cm x 11.5cm x 16cm (L/W/H)
- Three colorful, smiley characters.
- Easy to stack or nest.
- Great in the bath, garden or beach.
- Each character comes with a pouring slot for water games.
- Suction cup allows the toy to be secured firmly to the bath.
- Watch the shower effect as water is poured onto the base.
- Twisting, turning, clicking base.
- Lots of activity, lots of fun.
- Will introduce the properties of water to baby.
National Association of Toy and Leisure Libraries Good Toy Awards 2004 Recommended
Practical Pre-School 2004 Gold Award
Parent's Choice Award
- Float the toy pieces in the bath and let your baby handle the different parts. Show how to scoop up the water and pour it out, or watch it trickle through the cups. Point out the different ways this happens depending on which Octopus cup you are using.
- Show your infant how to pour water from one cup to another.
- Make a shower by pouring water into the shower head attachment with the Octopus cups.
- Show your infant how to stack the cups - biggest first.
- Show your infant how to fit the cups inside each other (nesting).
- Talk about the concepts of color and size. When your child is able to recognize colors and sizes talk about the Octopus cups in these terms - i.e. 'fill up the green one', 'where is the biggest one?'
- You may want to introduce the ideas of empty and full when your child has grasped simpler concepts, such as size and color.
- The Octopus cups can also be used effectively when playing with sand - use dry sand to pour from one to another and use the shapes like a sieve.
- Use wet/damp sand to help your child make little sand molds/castles.
- Always help your child but give them plenty of opportunity to do it themselves - give hints and lots of encouragement!